As a professional translation service and processor of your personal information, it is our obligation to safeguard your personal information and relevant materials.
We collect information about our client, as well as those who contact us for quotes and information about our services.
• Who we are and therefore who is collecting your personal information
• What personal information is being collected
• The legal basis upon which we collect personal information
• When personal information will be collected
• Use of Translation Memory (TM) and Computer-Assisted Translation tools (CAT) tools
• Security of Personal Information
• Why we collect your personal information
• How I use your personal information
• How long we will keep your personal information
• Sharing your personal information
• The rights of Data Subjects
Please address any questions relating to the Policy or any requests for a copy of the data I hold on you, to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Who are we? The Translation Booth is a network of translators managed by Carrie Booth and is based in Scotland and in France.
The services we provide include:
• Linguistic Testing
• Linguistic Consultancy
2. What type of information is collected from you?
• The personal information we may collect includes:
• Your name
• Telephone number
• Email address
• Source materials (the documents you send us)
3. The legal basis upon which we collect personal information
We process your data to provide the services specified in section 1, for follow-up customer services, and when it is in our legitimate interests to do so and when these interests do not override your rights or we have consent to do so.
4. When personal information will be collected
We only obtain information about you when there is contact via email, skype, post, or any other method you choose to contact us, for quotes, information or collaborations.
5. Use of translation memory (TM) and Computer Assisted Translation (CAT) tools
To maintain coherence and consistency of translation, and to facilitate our work and allow us to offer you the best possible price, we extract and compile translation memory from clients’ source material using CAT tools.
The TM will be kept indefinitely. Personal data is effectively scrambled into segments, thus the data subject cannot be identified. The TM base is kept offline and the access to it is restricted and protected by passwords. We will not share the TM base with any third party.
6. Security of Personal Information
All information that we hold concerning you will be held and processed strictly in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Your personal information will be securely stored in our database for the reasons for which it was first collected. Our computers, internet access and all emails are protected by regularly-updated antivirus, anti-phishing software to prevent any malicious attempts.
7. Why do we collect your information? Your information is used to communicate and collaborate with you with regard to the services we provide. We will also use your information to promote our services and provide follow-up customer service.
8. How we will use your personal information?
We may use your information to:
• Communicate with you about services, quotes, complaints and other activities.
• Provide services you have requested • Seek your views, comments or feedback on our services.
• Notify you of changes to my services, terms and policies.
• Inform you of additional services that may interest you.
9. How long will we keep your information?
We will hold your personal information in our database for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract we hold with you. We review retention of personal information on a regular basis.
10. Sharing your personal information
We do not share your personal information with any third-parties without your permission.
11. The rights of the Data Subject
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
• The right to be informed
• The right of access
• The right to rectification
• The right to erasure
• The right to restrict processing
• The right to data portability
• The right to object
• The right of access (right to request the data we hold): The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) grants you the right to a copy of any data concerning you that has been processed. We will respond in a timely manner within the one-month time frame laid down by the GDPR from the point of receiving the request. The request is free of charge
• The right to rectification: You are entitled to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete. We will respond to requests for rectification within one-month of receipt of the request. The accuracy of your information is crucial for us to provide our services. If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us.
• The right to erasure (also known as the right to be forgotten): You have a right to have your personal data erased and to prevent processing in specific circumstances:
• Where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected/processed.
• Should you withdraw your consent to processing.
• Should you object to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for us continuing the processing.
• Your personal data was unlawfully processed (i.e. otherwise in breach of the GDPR).
• Your personal data has to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation.
• The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) further processing of your data
• The right to data portability: This right allows you to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without hindering usability.
• The right to object: You have the right to object to:
• processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling); and
• direct marketing (including profiling); Please note that most of the personal information we collect from you is crucial for the performance of a task or service. Should you object to the processing of your data, we may not be able to provide the service you have requested.
12. Invoking your rights
If you would like to invoke any of the abovementioned rights or if you have any queries or concerns regarding this policy, please contact us at email@example.com
13. Review of the Policy
This Policy is under regular review. This Policy was last updated in November 2023.